ID# 21-2127 Location: Edmonton, AB
The AMSC Board sets the direction and priorities and establishes terms of references for committees, which report to the Board. The Board is responsible for:
- Governing the Corporation
- Adoption of the strategic and business plans and budgets of the Corporation
- Governing shared services programs of the Corporation
- Adoption of a process for assessing the effectiveness of the board as a whole and the committees of the board
- Approving new business opportunities
- Adoption of a risk mitigation strategy which identifies the principal risks of the Corporation’s business and appropriate systems to manage these risks
- Conducting an annual performance appraisal of the Chief Executive Officer
The AMSC Board is comprised of seven (7) elected members and five (5) external independent members. The AMSC Board of Directors is seeking two (2) new external members to replace current members who have served their full term. The preferred new Board members will contribute their Senior Level experience and guidance from the following areas:
- Board Position 1 – Utility Services and Entrepreneurial
- Board Position 2 – Entrepreneurial, Sales and Marketing and Insurance Services
Appointment is for a fixed term of up to 3 years, with the potential of re-appointment based on satisfactory performance.
There are approximately 4-5 meetings per year.
Click here to read further details about this career opportunity.