ID# 20-2045 Location: Edmonton, AB
The AMSC Board sets the direction and priorities and establishes terms of references for committees, which report to the Board. The Board is responsible for:
- Governing the Corporation
- Adoption of the strategic and business plans and budgets of the Corporation
- Governing shared services programs of the Corporation
- Adoption of a communications policy for the Corporation
- Adoption of internal control and management information system
- Approving new business opportunities
- Adoption of a risk mitigation strategy which identifies the principal risks of the Corporation’s business and appropriate systems to manage these risks
- Conducting an annual performance appraisal of the Chief Executive Officer
The AMSC Board of Directors is seeking one (1) new external member to compliment the current seven (7) elected members and four (4) external independent members. The preferred new Board member will contribute their Senior Level experience and guidance from any one of the following type of institutions:
- Property and Casualty Insurance Provider/Carrier
- Insurance Brokerage
- Life Insurance/Health Care Provider
Appointment is for a fixed term of up to three years, with the potential of re-appointment based on satisfactory performance.
There are approximately 4-5 meetings per year.
Click here to read further details about this career opportunity.