ID# 22-1472 Location: Saskatoon
The Western College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking a visionary, highly collaborative and inclusive leader to serve as its inaugural Chief Operating Officer, Veterinary Medical Centre (COO, VMC). Reporting to the Associate Dean Clinical Programs (ADCP) and Chief Operations and Finance Officer, the COO, VMC will contribute to the leadership in fulfilling the mission, vision, goals, and objectives of the Veterinary Medical Centre, ensuring state of the art clinical care, clinical research, and clinical education and experience for professional veterinary medical students, interns, and residents.
As a member of the senior leadership team, the COO, VMC provides direction and expertise to promote and enhance fiscal and administrative leadership through long-term strategy and planning, monitoring, management, and reporting, including management and development of policies, systems, and processes. This position has primary responsibility for leadership on all VMC matters related to finance, clinical care, workplace health and safety, workflow, scheduling, and internal communications.
Major responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic and tactical guidance for the development and execution of the VMC people plan
- Leadership and vision in support of the overall success of the clinic, with particular emphasis on developing and ensuring strategic goals are met
- Oversee the development and management of budget and financial reports to inform and communicate VMC strategic decisions to enable effective operations and resource allocation of the clinic
- Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are developed, implemented, and followed to ensure efficient and effective internal controls
- Identify and pursue opportunities to support and enhance the long-term growth and success of the College and University
Click here to read further details about this career opportunity.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter & resume (PDF or Word Document only) to email@example.com, and indicate the job title in the subject line of the email.